Customize your channel lineup and watch TV online with no setup, hidden fees, or long-term contracts.
What Is Sling TV
Sling Television, commonly known as Sling TV, is an American over-the-top internet television service owned by Dish Network. They offer a variety of channels at a fair price. So, if you are looking for a way to cut the cord, Sling TV is one of the least expensive options available. With plans starting at only $30 per month Sling TV makes it easier than ever to enjoy live TV for much less than the price of cable.
- Big Savings - Sling TV is live TV you love, only better. Start watching your favorite shows, sports, movies, and more at an industry-leading price.
- No Contracts & No Hidden Fees - Sling TV is live TV you love, only better. Start watching your favorite shows, sports, movies, and more at an industry-leading price.
- Works On Most Streaming Devices - available on a wide variety of platforms. You can use Sling TV with Windows, Mac OS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, and a variety of smart TVs and smaller streaming boxes.
So, if you are serious about cutting the cord, then you should definitely sign up for Sling TV's free trial today.
Pros and Cons
Although Sling TV delivers live cable channels for much less than the cost of a cable subscription and it’s available on a variety of platforms, it’s not perfect. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
Here’s The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly:
- It’s Cheap! With plans starting at only $30 per month Sling TV offers affordable inexpensive cable tv for cord-cutters.
- Must-Have Channels. Not only do they offer the most popular basic cable channels, but they also offer additional channel packages that allow you to customize your lineup with A La Carte Channels. This helps you pay for only the channels you want.
- Free Cloud DVR. Receive 10 hours of free cloud storage. Cloud DVR Plus can be added for $5/month to receive 50 hours of cloud storage, as well as the ability to protect favorite recordings.
- Free On-Demand. Thousands of free movies and tv shows on demand.
- No Contract. Cancel anytime. No contracts and no hidden fees.
- Works On Multiple Devices. You can watch with Windows, Mac OS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, and a variety of smart TVs and smaller streaming boxes.
- Only One Stream For Sling Orange. The Sling Orange package offers only one stream per account. This means that you can’t use it in one room while the kids watch something else on another device.
- No Local Channels. The Sling Blue package offers local NBC and Fox channels in certain markets. To see what channels are available in your area CLICK HERE.
- Limited Network Availability. Sling TV only offers select programming from major networks such as ABC, FOX, and NBC in certain markets. (No CBS!) Almost necessary to have a digital antenna
- More Reasons To Avoid. A not so friendly user interface, confusing plan options, and poor customer support