Philo TV lets you binge your favorite shows at a guilt-free price.
What Is Philo TV
Simply stated, if you're looking for sports, news, and access to premium channels with a lot of add-ons, then Philo TV isn't the right choice for you. You would probably be better off with a much pricier option like FUBO TV; which costs almost 3 times as much as Philo TV, but offers tons of local, national, and international news and sports channels, along with other premium channel add-on options.
However, if you're looking for an inexpensive way to cut the cord and you enjoy watching content on the "lifestyle" networks, then Philo TV might be the perfect choice for you. For only $25 per month, Philo TV gives you 60+ channels and lets you watch AMC, A&E, BET, Comedy Central, Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, MTV, Nickelodeon, Viceland, VH1 & many more of your favorite channels at a price you can feel good about.
- Big Savings - Philo TV charges only $25 per month for access to 61 channels of live and on-demand content.
- 3 simultaneous streams - Stream live or on-demand TV, on up to 3 devices at once.
- Unlimited 30-day DVR - This allows you to record and save unlimited shows for 30 days.
Philo TV has no contracts and no hidden fees! They offer a 7-day free trial that is easy to set up.
Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
Here’s The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly:
- It’s Cheap! – With plans starting at only $25 per month Philo TV offers an affordable inexpensive cable tv alternative for cord-cutters.
- Has A Catchup Feature – Watch programs that have aired in the past three days
- Free Cloud DVR. – Record and save Live TV for up to 30 days with unlimited cloud DVR storage at no additional charge.
- No Contract. Cancel anytime. No contracts and no hidden fees.
- Works On Multiple Devices. – Stream TV live or on-demand on the web on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Devices, Android TV, Android Phones/Tablets, and iOS devices. (and up to three at once).
- No Local Channels. Philo TV doesn’t offer any local broadcast networks. So you will need a digital antenna to watch any of the following broadcast networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and The CW for free.
- Limited Sports Channels. Philo TV doesn’t offer much for sports fans. No ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC, or league specific channels like the NFL Network and NBA TV. However, you will be able to watch live sporting events that are broadcast over the air on your local broadcast networks if you have a digital antenna.
- Few News Channels. Philo offers BBC America and Cheddar streams. No ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Or PBS. But again, you can watch your local affiliate stations with the help of a digital antenna.
- No Parental Controls.
Philo TV Service Plan
- 60+ channels
- Unlimited Cloud DVR – Record and save live TV for up to 30 days
- Watch Up To 3 Streams At Once
- Create up to ten profiles per account.
- No contracts – No Hidden Fees